Oscar Jiménez Duarte
His work focuses on tax law, especially in matters of local and international tax structuring, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, associations, consortiums and structured finance.
Lawyer with more than 15 years of experience in tax planning, international tax, and corporate aspects, in firms such as Deloitte (2010-2017) and Posse Herrera Ruiz (2005-2010). He has participated and supervised several projects of tax advice on issues of compliance, planning and litigation in different private companies in multiple sectors.
He received a J.D. and Graduated Degree in Tax Law from Universidad del Rosario, a Graduate Degree in custom law from Universidad Externado, a Master of Laws in International Law (LL.M.) from University of Florida and a Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.) from Universidad de los Andes.
He is postgraduate professor of Infrastructure Tax Law at the Universidad Externado, Taxation of International Transaction at the Universidad de la Sabana, VAT at the Universidad Javeriana and Income Tax at the Universidad Central, a lecturer in business forums and a trainer for local courses.
- Jiménez Duarte Asociados. Founding partner and Director of legal practice. (2017 – present)
- Deloitte Asesores y Consultores Ltda. Manager – Tax & Legal. Bogotá, Colombia (2010 – 2017)
- Posse Herrera & Ruiz Abogados. Senior Consultant – Tax division. Bogotá, Colombia. (2005 – 2010)
- Colombian Institute of Tax Law. Research Associate. Bogotá, Colombia. (2005)
- Grant Thornton. Auditors – Consultants. Attorney – Legal Services and Taxation division. (2004-2005)
- Universidad de los Andes. Master in Business Administration (MBA). Bogotá, Colombia. (2011-2013)
- Babson College. Entrepreneurship program. Boston, United States. (2013)
- Deloitte University. Global Business Tax Academy. Dallas, United States (2013)
- University of Florida. Master’s degree in international taxes (LL. M.). Gainesville, Florida. United States. (2009)
- Universidad Externado. Graduated Degree in Customs law. Bogotá, Colombia (2008)
- Universidad del Rosario. Graduated Degree in tax law. Bogotá, Colombia (2006)
- Universidad del Rosario. J.D. Lawyer. Emphasis on public finances and taxation. Bogotá, Colombia (2004)
- Universidad Javeriana. Value Added Tax. (2018- present).
- Universidad Externado. Postgraduate professor of Infrastructure Tax Law. (2016-present) and academic peer (2015).
- Universidad de la Sabana. Postgraduate professor in international transactions. (2015-present)
- Central University. Professor of Income Tax (2015-present) and tax structuring (2015) of the Master in Taxation. (2015 – present)
- Peer Advisor of the Colombian Institute of Tax Law. (2015-present)
- Universidad de Pamplona. Part of the project we created Colombia. (2016)
- Member of the Association of Commercial Lawyers (2018-present)
- Member ot the Center for tax studies of Antioquia (2017 – present)
- Member of IFA. (2014-present)
- Member US Alumni (2010-present)
- Member of the Colombian Institute of Tax Law. (2005 – present)
- Colfuturo Scholarship Holder. (2009)
- “Latin America Scholarship”. (2009)
- “Interpretation of agreements to avoid double taxation”. Book “Some Reflections on income tax and complementary in Colombia”. Ed. Externado 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016.
- “Corporate reorganizations and their impact on income tax”. Book “Some Reflections on income tax and complementary in Colombia”. Ed. Externado 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016.
- “Discount for taxes paid abroad and taxes of foreign entities.”. Book “Tax Reform”-law 1739 of 2014. Ed. External 2015.
- “Commercial Trust in tax reform”. Book “Tax Reform – Law 1607 of 2012”. Ed. Externado 2013.
- “Elimination of the tax benefits to external indebtedness” Legis. 2011.
- “Capital gains in double taxation agreements”. Global tax law. Journal of the Latin American Institute of Tax Law. 2010.